Comments are Off
Ingredients/ Serves 4:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 750g rump beef steak, trimmed, cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long red chillies
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2½ tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- coriander leaves, torn baguette, lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan on high. Cook beef in 2-3 batches, 5-6 minutes each, until browned all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Saute onion 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Stir in garlic, chilli, ginger, curry powder, sugar and turmeric. Cook 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Return beef to pan with carrot, stirring, 1 minute, to coat in spices.
- Add coconut milk, tomato, water and fish sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered, 40-45 minutes, until beef is tender.
- Serve topped with coriander leaves, a torn baguette for dipping and lime wedges.
Source Reference: capegrimbeef.com.au