- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
600 g Beef striploin steak
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
200 g baby mixed leaf lettuce
4 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
½ red onion, finely sliced
1 telegraph cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
¼ cup cup small basil leaves
⅓ cup pesto sauce
1. Trim the Beef of all fat and sinew. Rub the pepper all over the surface of the meat.
2. Heat a frying pan or chargrill pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the Beef and sear for 4 minutes
on each side. Transfer to a plate, season with sea salt and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Arrange the salad leaves over a serving platter and top with the tomato, onion, cucumber and basil leaves.
4. Finely slice the Beef and place it on top of the salad. Spoon the pesto sauce over, along with any of the meat juices.
Source Reference: www.themainmeal.com.au