Comments are Off
- 500g Cape Grim Flank Steak
- 1 tsp rice bran oil
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- Kewpie mayonnaise, to serve
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Shichimi togarashi, to serve
- Green goddess dressing
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp rice bran or grape seed oil
- For the green goddess dressing, combine in a medium bowl the spring onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry vinegar and oil. Season with a pinch salt and set aside.
- Heat a chargrill plate to high. Brush corn with butter and season. Grill, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Bring steak to room temperature and season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over 1 teaspoon oil to coat. Heat a frypan to medium high and grill steak until a crust forms, about 2 minutes for rare, then turn and repeat. Transfer to a board to rest 5 minutes. The meat will be rare, cook a little longer for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, dry toast tortillas in a pan until warmed through, then set aside.
- To serve, place on separate plates and bowls the green goddess dressing, the mayonnaise and tortillas. Cut the corn from the cob and place in a serving bowl. Thinly slice the beef and transfer to a plate. Offer lime wedges for squeezing and togarashi for sprinkling over tortillas.
- Shichimi togarashi is a Japanese chilli spice with orange and sesame seeds. You can buy it from good Asian grocers and delicatessens.
Source Reference: capegrimbeef.com.au