Comments are Off
- 4 x 200 g rump steaks
- Potato salad
- 600 g small kipfler potatoes, washed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced lengthways
- 2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- extra 2 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Brush the steaks lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill plate to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears, Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 5 minutes before serving. To serve, place the steaks on plates, top steaks with mayonnaise, add a spoonful of potato salad.
- To make the Potato salad: Cook potatoes until just tender, and then thickly slice. Drizzle with a little of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the capsicum with half the remaining oil. Cook on grill for 2 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to heatproof bowl. Drizzle the asparagus with remaining olive oil. Cook on grill for two minutes each side or until bright green and tender crisp. Place the potato, capsicum, asparagus and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and extra olive oil, and gently toss to combine.
- To make the Garlic mayonnaise: combine the mayonnaise, garlic and coriander.
Source Reference: www. beefandlamb. com. au